Ten Thirty Eighters
For my sins I am the captain of the Ten Thirty Eighters skittles team. I have been captain for quite a few years now and we have had several home alleys in Bath – some well before my time. In some sort of chronological order we have played at…
- Rising Sun, Grove Street 1984 -> ?
- UBSA Club, University of Bath 1988? ->
- Green Park Tavern, Lower Bristol Road, Bath (only a few weeks ’cause Karaoke and Skittles don’t mix well!)
- UBSA Club, University of Bath ? -> 2002
- Royal Oak, Widcombe, Bath 2002 -> 2004
- Ring O’ Bells, Priston 2004 -> Now
The team consists of nine core players and we have a pool of ‘Super Subs’.
An obvious question is ‘Why are we called the Ten Thirty Eighters?’
Well, at the beginning of time, 6X had a specific gravity of 1038 and that’s where we got our name from. 6X has changed gravity since but that’s no reason to change our name!